About 70% of my internal monologue regarding clothes is “I have been such a horrible consumerist. I own too many clothes. I am donating half of it to charity and I am never buying any more ever again”, while the remaining 30% is “I’m sick of low heels, I only have low heels, I should buy some high heels, they make everything look good, and how do I not have a single red dress everyone needs one good red dress also a pencil skirt and possibly a three-piece suit”
Maria - Janeite, Potterhead, Nerdfighter, Whovian, Starkid, Sherlockian, musical theatre enthousiast, recidivist NaNoWriMo participant, apple juice drinker. To your service.
James Potter epically losing a Quidditch match and refusing to come out from under the invisibility cloak.
the writing reference “said is dead” post is bad
said is not dead. said is very much alive and should be predominantly used in fiction writing, because if you always use words like mumble and observe and articulate and state and express then it will get very noticeable and irritating!! use “said” and “asked” more than anything, and substitute other fancier words in only when necessary and when it will enrich the content of your writing.
I want a history drama where it’s just the same series of events (IDK like one year?) and every episode is written by/based on the opinions of a different historian/every episode is from a different characters perspective because maybe THEN people will understand something about how history works.
I’m torn between two recipes I could try tomorrow and I haven’t got enough ingredients to do both… I wonder whether trying to combine the two would end in disaster? Also, I’ve got a sponge cake to assemble in the morning and then my sister and I are planning to make mango chutney for the first time and it’s eleven thirty at night so I really don’t know why I’m looking up chayote-and-tofu recipes in the first place.